Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Daily Bread Designs: Blessed Christmas - Christmas will be here soon.....


Well, Christmas isn't here YET, but it seems to come around more quickly each year, doesn't it?

Each year I always say that I will make a few Christmas cards each month so I have a little stash by November, but I have never made one this early before!  Someone asked me to design some cards for their store, so I jumped at the opportunity (that was after picking myself up off the floor!).   I'll be sharing a few Christmas cards over the coming week using this set:  "Blessed Christmas" from Our Daily Bread Designs.

It's a very simple one-layer card.  The image has been coloured with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, and I added some red Kindyglitz to the darker/shaded areas of the red petals plus some green Kindyglitz to the darker/shaded areas of the large green petals around the flower.

My new Martha Stewart scoring board arrived in the mail last Friday, so I had to test it out and compare it to my Scor-Pal.  There is a scoring line below the ribbon and between the poinsettia and the sentiment.  The line is much finer than when you use the Scor-Pal and it isn't quite as deep, but I love it.   I think there is room for both boards and will definitely use both.  The Martha Stewart board has imperial measurements (not metric) but that doesn't matter to me as I work in both measurements and can easily swap from one to the other.

I lightly chalked around the image with my Kaiser chalks and then sprayed the card with Gold Glimmer Mist. The card really sparkles IRL, but I couldn't capture it with the camera without it looking gaudy so you will have to take my word for it :-)   I think I will be using Glimmer Mist alot on my Christmas cards this year - it's seriously good stuff.  I corner-punched the bottom edges and added a red pearl at each end of the sentiment.  The ribbon is very bright and sparkly but it came out a bit dark in the photo for some reason.  I tried to lighten it with my Photo Editor but then the image looked all washed out, so this was about as good as I could get it. 

Thanks for stopping by to have a peek at my card!

Jocelyn

Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs - Blessed Christmas (unmounted set)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Kaiserscrapbook red pearls, Kaisercolour chalks, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, paper stumps, Kindyglitz red and green, 10mm - 3/8" wide ribbon, Glimmer Mist - Iridescent gold, Officeworks small corner punch, Cardstock: white

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, this is BEAUTIFUL!!...I love the sparkly ribbon and your amazing coloring!

Mike Funke said...

Gorgeous card! The shading is wonderful! You truly have a gift!
Mike

Kelley said...

Another stunner! So beautiful!!

Mickie said...

Oh how pretty! I love that set and your paper really sets it off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...