Friday, June 18, 2010

PSX Bouquet of Roses





Hello and thanks for popping by :-)  Sorry I haven't uploaded this week - my DD has been off school all week sick again :-(  Poor little thing.  The Winter bugs are rife in my DD's classroom and she has missed 2 weeks of school in the past 3 weeks!   The only thing I have really done in my Craft Room this week was sort out some buttons that I bought on EBay and try and do some tidying up so I could find my desk again.  I always seem to end up working in a smaller and smaller space until I can't find anything and get grumpy.

Anyway, I thought I would upload a card I made a few months ago which I made for my SIL's birthday.  It is a VERY old PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange) stamp - one of my first ever stamps - and I still love it as much as I did when I first bought it; it seems so timeless.  The PSX company doesn't exist anymore, although I was told that Inkadinkao bought the designs and have re-released some of them.  The PSX stamps were so beautifully detailed and it's shame the company no longer exists.  Some of the rarer PSX botanicals stamps sell for 100's of dollars on EBay.  Yep, I kid you not!  I am probably sitting on a goldmine!!

Not a whole lot to explain about my card really.  I stamped the image with Vintage Sepia ink, heat-set it (so it wouldn't bleed), then coloured it with Gamsol and Prismacolor pencils.  I lightly chalked around the image with I-Kan-dee pearlescent chalks using the same tonings as the flowers plus pale blue.  The roses have apricot pearlescent chalk on them which gives the centre panel a lovely, subtle but sparkly sheen - alas, not captured by the camera :-( but really pretty IRL :-)   Both the sentiment and main panel have been popped up on 1mm mounts (dimensionals).  The ribbon was made in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.

The 3 tiny hearts on the top RHS are the leftover punchies from my EK Success Arrows border punch.

Thanks again for stopping by to have a peek at my card!

Jocelyn


Stamps:  PSX 'Rose Basket' G2548 (retired), Sentiment: from Elzybells Spring Cubes 20-015-CC clear stamp set 

Ink:  Memento Vintage Sepia 

Accessories:  Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, I-Kan-dee pearlescent chalk, 1mm mounts (dimensionals), Kaiser apricot rhinestones, Bow Easy, Cuttlebug, Swiss dots embossing folder, Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 1, ribbon, EK Success Arrows border punch, heat gun, cardstock: apricot, pale olive, white

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...