Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lili of the Valley Challenge #55 - Thomas big bunch of flowers


Hello and welcome to my Blog :-)

My DD will be turning 7 very soon and this is the card I made for her birthday.  Her favourite colour is pink and she loves cats, flowers, butterflies and glitter, so this is what I came up with.  The Lili of the Valley image of 'Thomas - big bunch of Flowers' was the perfect choice.  And of course, I had to colour Thomas in the same colours as our own cat Ruby.  There is a little pic of  Ruby on the LHS of my Blog - scroll down to find it if you want to see her. 

Over at the Lili of the Valley Challenge Blog, the fortnightly challenge #55 is a Sketch Challenge plus flowers.  Here is the Sketch:


I really love this layout and I'm sure I will use it again.

The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  I added Art Institute very fine transparent pale lemon/pale pink glitter to all the flowers plus the punched butterfly, as well as the cat's ears and cheeks.  This is the first time I have used my Octagonal Nesties - aren't they cool?!  The lacey corners are a Cuttlebug diecut from the Vintage Die set; it's actually a square die but I just tucked them under the octagon - it's like they were made for each other :-)

Here is a little close-up pic of the transparent glitter.  I love how it still lets your shading/colouring be seen and just adds sparkliness.



All the panels are up on mounts (dimensionals).  I added some wide pink lacey ribbon across the bottom panel (can you see it?) and added the darker pink cotton lace over the top.  The hole for threading thru the darker pink lace on the main panel was made with a Stampin' Up horizontal punch and the lace bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.  I did add some Fray Stop to the cut edges of the bow to stop them from fraying.

All the designer papers are digital.  The panel underneath the cat was put thru my Cuttlebug using the Roses embossing folder - I really love the bit of texture it adds.

Lastly, I added the pink gems to the top LHS and bottom RHS of the card.  I decided not to add a sentiment like the sketch - I didn't think it really needed it.

I am also popping this card into the latest Splitcoaststampers Ways to use it Challenge WT275 Raving on Ribbon.  Check out the Gallery for all the cool ways you can use ribbons.

Thanks again for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lili of the Valley S124 Thomas - big bunch of flowers

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black

Designer papers:  NitWit Collections Fat Quarter Bundle Series "Perfect Pair" ©2010 by Mary Fran of  Nitwit Collections (plaid - non-embossed panel)
Bearly Mine - Floral Dreams 31 (bottom panel)
Bearly Mine - Just Plaid (roses embossed panel)

Accessories:  Prismas, Gamsol, paper stumps, Cuttlebug, Roses embossing folder, Cuttlebug Vintage Dies set, Spellbinder Large Octagon and Scalloped Octagon Nestabilities, paper rose, 1mm/2mm mounts (dimensionals), Fray stop, Kaiser Rhinestones SB701, pale pink lace 36mm - 1-7/16" wide, dark pink lace 10mm - 5/8" wide, Bow Easy, Stampin' Up horizontal punch, pink and lemon Art Institute Glitter - Shabby Chic set (Peewee kit), Art Institute Designer Dries clear adhesive, 15mm mulberry paper rose - Enthaily Wholesale, Carl CP-1 Butterfly-A punch, Cardstock: pink, lemon, white

4 comments:

Lena Katrine said...

Beautiful card with a cute image!
Thanks for playing along at LOTV this week - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

lynda said...

Hi Jocelyn, I love EVERYTHING about this card...the beautifully colored image, the embossed card stock, the punches, and that darling lace bow! Awesome card. I just found your blog from you leaving a comment on some of my cards...thanks so much for your kind words. I browsed through several of your posts, and really like your style a log..and love your blog! I'll be back again!

Christine Henderson said...

Jocelyn, this is beautiful! Pink being my fave colour too I just love it! All the little details are so gorgeous. Your daughter will just love it. Hope she has a wonderful birthday.

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Jocelyn! Thomas has been beautifully coloured and you've put so much effort into the wonderful details. I love how you've alternated the colours for the corners.

xx :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...