Monday, August 16, 2010

Inkadinkado 'Standing Seagull' - birthday card for my BIL


Hi and thanks for stopping by :-)

It was my BIL's birthday late last week and this is the card I made for him - now that he has the card, I can post it here. 

I stamped the image onto Watercolour paper and watercoloured it with Acrylic paints.  The teal blue frame was popped up on 1mm mounts (dimensionals) over the image then I added the brads so it kind-of-looks like a porthole.

The sentiment was diecut with one my Spellbinders Tags Trio dies - I lightly inked around the sentiment with Creamy Brown chalk ink - then popped it up on 1mm mounts.

I am popping this card into the Splitcoaststampers "Way to use it" Challenge WT281 of 'Wonderful Woodgrain'.  The Challenge gave me the perfect excuse to use my Distressed Stripes embossing folder (which I have hardly used) for the brown cardstock base and seemed to be the obvious choice to match my image.  I lightly sanded the cardstock to highlight the embossing.  

I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Challenge of "There ain't no cure for the Summertime blues" where your summery creation has to have some blue in it - I have used one of my fav colours: Teal Blue.  And of course, what could be more summery than a seagull!

Thanks again for visiting - hope to see you again very soon!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Inkadinkado 'Standing Seagull' 99205-DD, Sentiment from: Penny Black 'Critter Party' clear stamp set

Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Colorbox Chalk: Prussian Blue and Creamy Brown

Designer paper:  Kaisercraft Reminiscing P203 Hold Dear

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Distressed Stripes embossing folder, Spellbinder Large and Small Oval Nestabilities + Labels Trio S3-147, 140lb Watercolour paper, JoSonya acrylic paints, paintbrushes, mounts (dimensionals), EK Success Open Scallop border punch, grosgrain ribbon 15mm-9/16" wide, Fray Stop (for the cut ribbon edges), 10 x brads (Printblocks), sandpaper, Cardstock: Provincial beige, teal blue

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Love it !! What a great male card and your "porthole" is a fantastic touch!

Merry said...

Oh this is wonderful...love everything about it.

Christine said...

Your card is just fabulous!! Your coloring is wonderful and what a fantastic stamp to use. I also love your card design!! The color choices you made and the texturing is just wonderful!! Love your work!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Cornelia/Sorken said...

I really like you card! Very inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...