Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Miss Molly Bear Stitchery - Artsmart Craft Cottage



Hi and thanks for stopping by :-)  This is another scheduled post whilst I can't access my computer for 2 weeks.

Today's post is another stitchery I made for my DD.  One of my other loves is embroidery and decorative (tole or folkart) painting, and I love projects which incorporate both these crafts.  I also LOVE the old-fashioned floral materials that you can get nowadays which I used on this stitchery.

This particular design is by Australian designer:  Libby Richardson from Artsmart Craft Cottage and comes as a printed panel on calico, full instructions and you get that gorgeous ceramic handbag that the Molly is holding plus the pearls around Molly's neck, but you supply all the embroidery threads, paints, materials for the panels, and hanger.  The bear was painted with acrylic paints and textile medium, then you simply embroider the bear using simple stitches like straight stitch and french knots - can you see the gold embroidery for ribbon on the hat?  You can always click on the photo for a bigger LOOK!     Lastly, I sewed on the panels and attached the wire hanger.   The finished size is around 22 cm x 28 cm (which is 8" x 11").

I've made 3 of them so far and given 2 away as gifts and the 3rd is on my DD's bedroom wall.

Hope you like it :-)  Thanks again for visiting!  Back soon with another post!

Jocelyn


Recipe:

Artsmart Craft Cottage pre-printed stitchery design 'Miss Molly', JoSonya acrylic paints, paint brushes, JoSonya Textile medium, Anchor stranded cotton in various colours including gold, embroidery needles, materials scraps for panels, wire hanger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...