Saturday, November 20, 2010

Penny Black Frosty the Snowman in his Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland


Hi and welcome to my Blog :-)

I made another CAS Christmas card for my stash.  Now I know it doesn't snow where I live at Christmas-time - but I just LOVE snowmen and snowflakes.  There's just something special about them that really floats my boat.  And I collect things that have snowmen or snowflakes on them - stamps, paper, ornaments - oh, I could just let my head go if my wallet would allow it!  And I just LOVE this Penny Black stamp - the snowman looks so joyous and I smile everytime I look at him.

I did actually colour him a little with a light blue and grey Derwent Coloursoft pencil plus OMS, but it doesn't show up all that much in the photo - but hope you can see it a little.  I added some orange pencil to his nose.  I added some Polar White FlowerSoft with Aleen's tacky glue along the bottom then used the end of a blunt sewing needle to add little dots of the glue to the snowflakes surrounding him, then added FlowerSoft.  I find it easier to use a sewing needle to make small dots than using the glue straight from the bottle and getting big, messy blobs.

Here is a little close-up of the FlowerSoft:



The embossing folder is one of the folders from the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set.   The blue snowflakes are the leftover punchies from using my Martha Stewart Snow Flurry edge punch.  I love how you get several different sized snowflakes from using it - so handy for embellishing a card.  I added blue rhinestones to the centres and popped all these snowflakes up on 2mm mounts (dimensionals).

The ribbon was attached in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.  I diecut a white snowflake using my Snowflake #2 die and added a blue rhinestone to the centre, then added some Frosted Lace Stickles.  Here is a close-up:


Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be back tomorrow with some Vintage-style gift bags.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black Frosty PB-3248H, Sentiment (retired) from Elzybells

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, embossing folder from Winter Wonderland set, Cuttlebug Snowflake #2 die, FlowerSoft Polar White, Aleen's tacky glue, Derwent Coloursoft pencils, OMS, paper stumps, Frosted Lace stickles, Kaiser blue rhinestones, gingham ribbon, Bow Easy, 2mm mounts, Cardstock: white

Punches:  Martha Stewart Snow Flurry edge, Stampin' Up corner

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card. It gives me warm fuzzies and inspiration to create some more of my own. I love it.
Julie

Kerry Phillips said...

Lydia from Splitcoast shared your card on Facebook and I just had to get a closer look. It doesn't snow during Christmas where I live either, but your huggable snowman just makes me want to put on a pair of gloves and go sledding!! Thanks for sharing!!
Kerry from Maui, Hawaii

Anonymous said...

wow, jocelyn! i love it! congrats for being featured on scs facebook. love the flowersoft, the embossing, the blue ribbon and especially the snowman. guess what? i didn't know he was a pb stamp! :)

Merry said...

He certainly looks a happy snowman with all the snow you have given him. Terrific card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...