Monday, November 8, 2010

Unity - A Beautiful Sight - Little Christmas Gift Bag


Hi and welcome to my Blog :-)

About a year ago, I came across a template and instructions (including a video) for making a little Gift Bag, and finally got around to making one.  Now that I have had a little play and realised how quick and easy it was, I have made about 10 of them!  Make sure that you start off with the cardstock cut exactly to the specifications, or it will turn out all wonky.

You can find the instructions here at the Stamping Videos blog.  If you scroll down a little, you can click on a link to the written instructions and the template and print them out.  The video is really easy to follow too.

I decided to emboss my cardstock - just because I LOVE my Cuttlebug LOL - before I scored the lines with my Scor-Pal.  You don't have to use a Scor-Pal but it sure makes it quick and easy if you have one.  Once I did the scoring, I used one of my Labels Trio dies to diecut the top part where the handle is, THEN folded the box up and glued it.  Don't fold the box up then diecut the top part it as it is much harder that way and most likely will end up crooked (trust me:  I know from experience!!).

The image is a gorgeous new stamp called "A Beautiful Sight" by Unity Stamps - which is available from Fat Cat's Card Corner.  The image was stamped with gold pigment ink and heat-embossed with gold embossing powder, then diecut with my Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities.  I diecut some snowflakes from gold cardstock and popped them up on mounts (dimensionals).

Lastly, I tied on two different ribbons. Easy peasy.   And just for something different, I made a purple one for something non-traditional for Christmas (plus purple is my favourite colour!):


Instead of diecutting the top part for the ribbon, I used a standard-sized hole punch.  The tree was stamped with Heliotrope pigment ink and heat-embossed with clear embossing powder.  I inked the edges of the diecut snowflakes and added a purple gem to the centres.  Here is a top view of the box:


The finished size of the box is 4-3/4" high x 3" wide, and is the perfect size for popping in a Gift Card eg: Bunnings, Coles/Myer, Target etc., some lollies, or a little present for your child's teacher.

I have made a Vintage-style one using the same Unity stamp which I will share with you soon.  Have a go at these little bags - once you make 1 or 2, you will realise how quick and easy they are.   

I popping these gift bags into the Unity Challenge #25 over at Splitcoaststampers where this week's challenge is to make an UN-CARD, ie: something that is NOT a card such as an ornament, a pretty gift box, altered item etc.

Thanks again for stopping by!  TTFN!

Jocelyn


Gift Bag Recipe - white snowflake bag:

Stamps:  Unity - A Beautiful Sight IB48 Itty Bitty foam-mounted rubber stamp

Ink:  Versacolor gold pigment

Accessories:  Scor-Pal, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, Cuttlebug Snowflakes #2 die set, Spellbinder Tags Trio and Deckled Rectangle Nesties, gold embossing powder, heat-gun, 2mm mounts, ribbon: gold-edged white organza + fancy gold, Cardstock: white, gold


Gift Bag Recipe - purple bag:

Stamps: Unity - A Beautiful Sight IB48 Itty Bitty foam-mounted rubber stamp
Ink:  Colorbox Heliotrope pigment

Accessories:  Scor-Pal, Cuttlebug, Crafts Too Snowflakes embossing folder, Cuttlebug Snowflakes #2 die set, hole punch, Spellbinder Deckled Rectangle Nesties, clear embossing powder, heat-gun, Kaiser purple rhinestones SB705, ribbon: purple organza, Cardstock: purple, white


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...