Friday, February 4, 2011

Penny Black: Every which way - I will love you always, all ways


Hello blogging friends!  My desk has been a little hive of activity since I started playing with my new Penny Black: 'Every which way' stamp set that the postie brought me the other day.  I love this little set - such cute images.  I have long been admiring other people's cards made with Kraft Cardstock and thought I would try my hand at using it.  This was a very quick and simple card to make - perfect for your last-minute Valentines Day cards.

The Kraft cardstock was embossed with my Cuttlebug and Kimmy-Luvs embossing folder.  The dog was stamped onto white cardstock and coloured with OMS, Derwent Coloursoft and Prismacolor pencils.  I stamped the balloon part of the image again onto the back of my Best Creation red glitter cardstock, then cut the balloon out and glued it to the image.  I love how sparkly it looks.  The dog is popped up on 2mm mounts.  It's a good idea to use LOTS of them when you are popping an image onto embossed cardstock so that your image doesn't come unstuck and fall off (ie: less surface area for them to stick to).  I had that happen recently when a sentiment panel came unstuck after a few days when I was very frugal with my foam pads.

Here is closeup pic of the balloon - don't you just love the "sparkle"?!!


By the way, the little hairs and marks on the close-up are part of the cardstock - kinda looks like my card or my camera lens got all dusty!

For the sentiment panels:  as this sentiment is just one stamp and I wanted 2 separate lines, I masked the bottom line of the words off and stamped, then masked the top line off and stamped.  Here is a pic of the stamp set if I am not making sense:

Stamp Set Copyright Penny Black Stamps

I diecut the sentiments using one of the dies from my Spellbinders Tags Trio and popped them up on 1mm mounts.

To finish off, I tied some red and white Twine and punched a heart from the same red glitter cardstock and glued it to the centre.  I did add some Fray Stop to the ends of the twine to stop it from unravelling.  I think you could use this card for a Wedding Anniversary as well as for Valentines Day - and I think it could be used for either a lady or a man.

Challenges:

I am popping this card into the Splitcoaststampers Ways to use it Challenge WT308 of "i HEART you" where you have to use a heart anywhere on your project, as well as the monthly Sir Stampalot February Challenge of "All creatures great and small".

Thanks for stopping by!  I have a couple of other Valentines/Love cards on the go - watch this space!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black - Every which way 30-008 clear set

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black

Designer paper:  Best Creation red glitter 12" x 12" cardstock

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Kimmy-Luvs embossing folder, Spellbinder Tags Trio S3-147, red and white twine, Fray Stop, Odourless Mineral Spirits (OMS), Prismacolor + Derwent Coloursoft pencils, paper stumps, Cardstock:  American Crafts Kraft, KW Doggett Knight white

Punches:  Carl CP-8 Heart duo, Stampin' Up corner

7 comments:

Yenni Natalia said...

I love this..eventhough it is simple card but there are lots of things going on..glitter,emboss,great colouring :) twine!! love everysingle of it :)

Anonymous said...

cute! love the red sparkle hearts and twine.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is fabulous! I love the design so much.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

pinky said...

Its gorgeous, very romantic, love all the embossing. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sally H said...

Fabulous card, Jocelyn! That stamp set is very cute! It might have to fall into my shopping basket too. Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Francesca said...

A great card

Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...