Monday, November 14, 2011

Penny Black Teddy Santa Christmas card

Hi blogging friendsFree Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

My craft room has been a hive of activity with my Christmas card making.  I do love making Christmas cards - there is just something so special about the whole process of choosing the papers, stamps and ribbon etc - it just seems to make me feel so happy inside going through my stash.  So onto my card......


The cute little Penny Black teddy was stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with Faber-Castell plus Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils.  Here is a closer view of the teddy:


I added some Fun Flock mixed with Crystalina glitter to the hat using Designer Dries Clear adhesive - and added Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue to the present.  Here is a wee close-up of the flocking - don't you just want to reach through your computer screen and have a feel of how soft it is LOL!!


The ribbon was attached in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.

Did you notice the three green Sparklets in the top RH corner?  Oh my gosh - I love them so much!!


They are a newly released item by Kaisercraft and come in lots of different colours and 2 different sizes in the pack and are self-adhesive like rhinestones and pearls.   The larger ones are 15mm or 9/16" in diameter and the smaller ones are 8mm or 5/16".  Here is a picture so you know what I am talking about -


The designer paper is also by Kaisercraft - Be Merry which was released last year.

Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenge -

Penny Black and more at Allsorts - November challenge - All creatures great and small


Problems with leaving comments on other Blogger's blogs

Not sure if it is just my computer, but I have had alot of trouble in the past month getting onto Blogger blogs including my own.  It takes absolutely forever for them to load and most times, I am not able to bring up the blog - it times out.  And then I might try a few minutes later and all is OK.  I have also had a very difficult time leaving comments on other blogs, particularly when it is an embedded comment form ie: loads within the blog - not a separate window or page.  I keep getting an error message saying something about "not having permission".  So I have been visiting you my lovely followers but often not able to let you know I have been! And it is very frustrating when you leave a lovely comment here but I am not able to reciprocate!!  It is driving me crazy - and is such a great timewaster! I am waiting on an answer from Google Help, but haven't had anything that has helped so far Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

That's about it for me!  I have finished a couple of other Christmas cards and will share them very soon.  Thanks for stopping by and thank you for any comments you care to leave - I really appreciate them Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net  

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black Teddy Santa 3549F

Ink:  Versafine Onyx black

Designer paper:  Kaisercraft 'Be Merry Collection' P561 - Delight

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, Spellbinder small and large Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities, Stampendous Cotton White Fun Flock mixed with Crystalina glitter, Designer Dries Clear adhesive, Bow Easy, ribbon from TPC Studio 'Deck the Halls' collection, dimensionals, 140lb Watercolour paper, small round paintbrush, Faber Castell + Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, Kindyglitz Crystalina, Kaisercraft Sparklets - Fern RS419, cardstock:  red, green

Punches:  Fiskars Scallop border punch

8 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow pretty cute creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, you have coloured the bear beautifully :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

This is one very pretty Christmas card Jocelyn. Whilst I love Christmas cards in more modern colours, those in the traditional ones always please.

I am not haveing problem with commenting, but I am finding that on some blogs the photos are not visible and just show a tiny red cross.

Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in the draws for all the prizes on offer.

B x

Mervi said...

Beautiful colouring and so lovely image. The card is absolutely fabulous with those traditionel colours - and the green sparklets are great!

Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and good luck,
hope to see you again;-))m

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jocelyn all the little details you incorporate into your cards make them shine with happiness and creativity!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn, this is such a gorgeous card! I love the spotty paper and the ribbon. A lovely image, beautifully colored and the flock looks so fab!
xx

Shirley said...

Such a beautiful and bright Christmas card. Gorgeous colouring on your cute image too. I love everything about it and that is the most gorgeous Christmas ribbon I have ever seen. Just perfect.
Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and we wish you luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Ellibelle said...

Love this!! You colored the little bear beautifully and such gorgeous and perfect christmas colors!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at penny black and more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...