Thursday, December 11, 2014

Memory Box Woodland Deer Christmas card


Hi blogging friendsFrom Millan.Net 

Well, it's full steam ahead in my Craft Room as I feverishly try and get as many Christmas cards done as I can!  It's not like I didn't know Christmas was coming - but sometimes even when I do have time to make cards, my mind is just not in cardmaking mode because I have been at hospital appointments with my loved one and I just can't think anymore.  I have learned not to craft when I am too tired emotionally because that's when nothing goes right and I get annoyed with myself.  Now that all of our medical appointments are finished for the year, I can finally concentrate wholly on Christmas preparations and on making Christmas cards.  Pieces from my diecutting are flying everywhere as my Big Shot is in overdrive - gosh, what a mess my room will be when I'm done!

The card I am sharing today is another clean and simple card done in similar vein to my last post (see HERE). 


The red glitter cardstock frame was diecut using my Big Shot and the My Favorite Things - Joy Photo Card Frame die.  The dot embossing is a retired embossing folder by Cuttlebug - Kars Snowflakes.  You are very unlikely to be able to find this embossing folder anywhere online but if you check my last post HERE, I have several suggestions for alternative embossing folders that you can use.

The deer is a die by Memory Box - Woodland Deer and the snowflake is by Impression Obsession.  I glued the deer and snowflake down using Tombow Mono Multi glue.  I attached the scene to my white cardstock base and trimmed the edges to 1/16" using my Perfect Layers Tools - apart from the LHS of the card which is where the card fold is. 

Lastly, I added a Kaisercraft red rhinestone to the snowflake centre. 

Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenges -

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - December - Anything Goes 
Incy Wincy Designs - Snowy Days 
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes for all of December 
Splitcoaststampers - Clean and Simple CAS300 Winter Wildlife

We put up our Christmas tree last weekend which our cat Ruby is enjoying LOL!  Ruby loves to chew the pine needles for some odd reason and is enjoying batting the baubles and killing the tinsel.  I gave Ruby her OWN piece of tinsel so she could destroy it to her heart's content but she prefers the tinsel on the tree.  Of course, we did put it up 'just for her' didn't we?!!

From Millan.Net  

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Red glitter cardstock

Dies:  Impression Obsession Die100-F snowflake set, My Favorite Things Die-namics Joy Photo Card Frame, Memory Box Woodland Deer #98679

Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Layers Tools, Kaisercraft red rhinestone SB711, Cuttlebug Kars Snowflakes embossing folder (retired), white cardstock, Tombow Mono Multi glue, doublesided tape

 

3 comments:

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card perfect for our challenge over at Incy Wincy this week thanks for joining us.
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Stunning x

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

A gorgeous creation! Simple and elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly.
Tracey, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...