Saturday, September 21, 2013

Another masculine birthday card


Hi blogging friends From Millan.Net

Today I am sharing another masculine birthday card.  This one is for my brother-in-law's birthday and I picked a dog image because he is very much a dog-lover.  I have used this cute little Penny Black dog stamp countless times for masculine cards over the past couple of years:  there is just something so sweet about his little face and he is so quick and easy to colour.

I also made this card for the following challenges:

The ABC Challenge - V for Very Cute
Splitcoaststampers - Ways to use it WT444 - Designer Paper



I stamped the image using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink onto KW Doggett Knight white smooth cardstock and coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and Odourless Mineral Spirits using paper stumps (Magic Coloured Pencil technique aka Gamsol Magic).   I added a teeny bit of Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue to the present and chalked around the image with blue chalk for the sky and brown/grey for the ground.

The sentiment is from the Penny Black clear set:  Sweet and Cute and was also stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.  I used my EK Success Arrows border punch to punch tiny little red hearts (they are the leftover punchies that look like tiny hearts - so cute!).

The designer paper is by We R Memory Keepers:  Friends Furever.  I used my Perfect Layers Tools to trim the borders.  The widest border on the card base is 1/4" and all the others, apart from the sentiment panel, were trimmed to 1/8".  The sentiment panel is trimmed to just under 1/16".

Finished size is 5" x 5" or 127mm x 127mm.

Thanks for stopping by to have a peek at my card.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black 'It's for you!' wood mount, sentiment from Penny Black 'Sweet and Cute' 30-153 clear set

Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia

Designer paper:  We R Memory Keepers - Friends Furever

Accessories:  Big Shot, Lifestyle Circle + Scalloped Circle dies, Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue, Kaisercraft chalks, Perfect Layers Tools, grosgrain ribbon, heart button from Jesse James Co. 'Dress it up' Country Hearts, beige sewing thread, Fray Stop, Prismacolor pencils, Odourless Mineral Spirits, paper stumps, cardstock - KW Doggett Knight white, Kaisercraft Brown, American Crafts kraft, red

Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water border, EK Success Arrows border

4 comments:

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, I love the colours and layout :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Perfect as always Jocelyn! Love the dog's face!
xx

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the pattern paper and your coloring is stunning!

Merry said...

Perfect paper you have teamed the image with. I bet your BIL liked the card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...