Friday, October 2, 2015

Clean and Simple Wedding Card


Hi blogging friendsSmiley from Millan.Net

It feels good to be able to play in my Craft Room a bit more - and today I am sharing a Wedding Card:


This is also my entry for the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Take your pick - the last challenge of every month has several themes and you simply take your pick from them.  There’s a sketch, a colour theme, a product theme and a technique theme to choose from. I chose the Technique Theme which is:   Embossing either heat, dry or simply embossing a die or using an embossing folder.  I used heat embossing and dry embossing on my card.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes - they are showcasing Clearly Besotted Products this week but you don’t have to use them to join in, however, if you have some, they would love to see them used.  I didn't use those products.

Splitcoaststampers - Clean and Simple CAS310 Challenge - Love is in the Air - which is from February but there are no time limits to play SCS Challenges.


Anyway, on to my card........

I love to use embossing folders to make wedding cards and used one of my all-time favourite folders by Craft Concepts - Budding Vine.  So pretty, don't you think?!  Once I worked out whereabouts on the card I was going to put my cord, I made two pencil lines about 1/2" apart so that I knew exactly where to do the dry embossing, then used my Martha Stewart Score Board to score a line right underneath and above the dry embossing.  I really love how the score line just "finishes" the dry embossing edge.

I used a Corner Chomper on the 1/2" setting to round the bottom corners then tied on the silver cord which came from my local supermarket last Christmas.  I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying and added a dot of Super Glue to the knot to stop the cord from coming undone.  I attached the dry embossed panel to a top-opening white cardstock base by using lots of doublesided tape and a bit of Tombow Mono Multi glue (less surface area from the dry embossing = need more adhesive!) then trimmed the bottom and side edges to 1/16" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  I  rounded the bottom corners using the same 1/2" setting on the Corner Chomper. 

The sentiment panel was diecut using a Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals die (I used the 2nd largest die).  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set - Sending and Wishing and was stamped using Versamark Watermark ink and heat-set using Ranger Silver Superfine embossing powder.  I attached the sentiment panel using dimensionals.

Lastly, I punched a heart from pink glitter cardstock using a Carl CP-1 Heart punch.  Initially, I had punched a red glitter cardstock heart but decided to go for a softer look by using the pink instead. 

Finished size is 5 inches x 5 inches or 127mm x 127mm.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Sending and Wishing SSS101475 clear set

Ink:  Versamark Watermark

Designer Paper:  None

Dies:  Spellbinder Floral Oval Nestabilities S4-356

Accessories:  Big Shot, Martha Stewart Score Board, Craft Concepts Budding Vine embossing folder, silver cord - Woolworths Christmas Collection, Fray Stop, We R Memory Keepers 1/2" Corner Chomper, Super glue, Tombow Mono Multi glue, doublesided tape, dimensionals, Ranger Superfine Silver embossing powder SFJ18292, heat-gun, cardstock - white, pale pink glitter

Punches:  Carl CP-1 Heart


9 comments:

Heather said...

A beautiful Wedding card Jocelyn, a lovely design with a stunning embosseded background and gorgeous sentiment panel - the silver twine finished is perfectly!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is beautiful! So perfect for the occasion!

Trish said...

Hi Jocelyn ,i couldn't resist your little blinkie,a lovely card also!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Jobear love the classic timeless beauty if this .. well done. and yes think you enabled me to get that Budding vine folder ages ago now and use it a lot as well .. just bought a new corner rounder using credit from dud one bought before and it works a treat. :D
praying for you and your dear ones dear friend, Shaz in oz.x

Jackie said...

What a lovely wedding card Jocelyn,and of course I love WoW and CAS :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn hope you are well, beautiful card love it x

Whisper said...

Simply classy, luv Sam x

Caryn said...

Beautiful - love the crisp white embossing.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Grumpy1 said...

JoBear2 - I like the simple things in life, and this card 'keeps it simple'. I also like your blog's style. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...