Monday, August 29, 2016

Lili of the Valley - Jenny Bear Friendship card


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

I think it's lovely idea to surprise someone with a card when it isn't for a specific occasion such as a birthday - and the card I am sharing today was for a very special lady who lives on the other side of Australia just to let her know how loved she is by our family.  Now that C has the card, I can share it here on my blog:


This card is also for the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for August.  Please see THIS LINK for the challenge details.

The main image is from a Lili of the Valley (UK) Art Pad called 'James and Jenny Bear' Set 23 - and the designer papers are also by LOTV - Always and Forever - all of which LOTV retired a little while ago :-(  The papers were designed by NitWit Collections for LOTV and you can buy and download them here at NitWit's website - see THIS link.

I diecut the main image using my Big Shot and Lifestyle Nesting Circle dies.  The sentiment is also by LOTV and was stamped using Ranger Archival Sepia ink.  I coloured in the flowers on the sentiment using a pink pencil then added some tiny pink Molossi rhinestones to the flower centres.  I popped the panel up on dimensionals.

The bottom panel cardstock was punched using a Martha Stewart Lace Doily Edge punch.  The lacey top-left corner is a die by Cuttlebug - Vintage Corner - which I diecut using my Cuttlebug from the designer paper.  I diecut multiple layers of pale pink cardstock and glued them together then glued the designer paper on top so the diecut had some depth then added some Kaisercraft pink rhinestones to the top right and bottom left corners.

The pink seam binding was added in two separate elements and the bow was made using my Bow Easy and attached with Fabric glue.  The heart button was glued on using Crafter's Pick Incredibly tacky glue.  I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.

The layers were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  I using an EK Success Arrows border punch to punch some tiny hearts (the leftover punchies look like tiny hearts) from dusky pink cardstock and added one to the sentiment panel and dotted the rest around the teddy bear.  I added plenty of Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue to the tiny hearts, bunch of flowers and the tag and the teddy's bow.  Here is a close-up:


Once I finished the card front, I glued it to a white card base.

I decorated the card inside to match the card front:


The sentiment is by Mama Elephant from their Woodland Gifts set.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

StampsLOTV Circular Sentiments Set 7, Mama Elephant Woodland Gifts clear set

Ink:  Ranger Archival Sepia

Designer Paper:  LOTV 'Always and Forever' 8" x 8" pad © NitWit Collections

Accessories:  Main image - LOTV James and Jenny Bear Set 23 Art pad, Big Shot, Cuttlebug, Perfect Layers Tools, pink heart buttons - Dress It Up, pink sewing thread, SU Dazzling Details glitter glue, SU Fuse Fast adhesive, Crafter's Pick Incredibly tacky glue, fabric glue, Molossi and Kaisercraft pink rhinestones, pink pencil, dimensionals, pink seam binding, Bow Easy, Fray Stop, cardstock - dark dusky pink, pale pink, white, brown, white card base

Dies:  Lifestyle Nesting Circles, Cuttlebug Vintage corner (retired)

Punches:  Martha Stewart Lace Doily edge, EK Success Arrows border


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hi Jo Bear! Glad to see you are still making and posting gorgeous cards! All my blog friends gave up on me long ago I think! am back in blog world trying my hand at some challenges again! I inherited my husbands old phone and now can take pics with it and load straight to the internet- much easier than the process I used to do lol! Hope you and your family are well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...